Verifying your number
Anghami requires an active phone number to create an account or to activate your subscription through your operator. If you are having problems, please check the following:
- You have the latest version of Anghami installed from your application store.
- You have entered your full international phone number, including the country code (or select your country from the country list).
- An example of a Lebanese phone number is + 96170123456
- Please omit any leading zeros (0s) or exit codes from your number.
- Your phone has full Internet access with a strong signal.
- Your phone is not roaming.
- Your phone can receive international SMS messages.
- You are not using an unsupported device such as an iPod Touch or iPad.
- Your device is not jailbroken.
After you enter your phone number, please wait for an SMS to be delivered to your phone. The SMS will contain a 4-digit verification code, which you can enter on the verification screen in Anghami App. The verification code is unique and changes each time you verify a new phone number or device. Please do not guess the verification code; guessing too many times may delay your verification.
If you do not receive your code via SMS, our automated system can call you with your code. Please wait for few minutes to finish counting down and do not edit your number during this time. After the five minutes, tap Call Me.
If you have followed these steps and cannot receive a code, please do the following:
- Try to resend the code again.
- If you’re not receiving the verification text, you may want to contact your mobile carrier to ensure that “Message Blocking” is disabled.
- Delete Anghami from your device.
- Reboot your device: turn your device off, then turn it back on.
- Download the latest version of Anghami from your application store.
Still having issues to verify your phone number? Please contact us immediately and we'll be glad to help you out. Please include in your message the phone number that you are trying to verify.